Belgrade, Sava Centre, 5–7. Dec. 2018.
The 49th International HVAC&R Congress and Exhibition is to be held at the end of jubilee year of the Union of Engineers and Technicians of Serbia. The highest civil decoration, Sretenjski orden, was assigned to all of us – members of this large and important organization. The Serbian HVAC&R Society is facing another jubilee – next year we will organize the 50th congress and exhibition. These anniversaries are stimulating us to organize this year’s congress with special themes, papers and guests from Serbia and abroad. The selected themes correspond to actual demands in world and in Serbia.
- Abstract should be submitted by 30th June 2018.
- Abstract acceptance notification: 10th July 2018.
- Paper submission: 15th September 2018.
- Confirmation on paper acceptance or required revision: 2nd October 2018.
- Final paper version submission: 16th October 2018.
- Confirmation that a paper is included in the programme: 1st November 2018.
- PP presentation submission: 15th November 2018.
- An abstract should include: title, names of authors and their institutions, corresponding author marked with an asterisk, e-mail address and telephone, an abstract of 300-400 words and 5 keywords.
- Hywel Davis, Director CIBSE
- Hashem Akbari, Professor, Concordia University, Montreal Canada
- Costas Balaras, Professor, National Observatory Athens, Greece
- Pega Hrnjak, University of Illinois, Urbana, USA
- Bratislav Blagojević, Professor, Mechanical Faculty, University of Niš, Serbia
- Marianna Brodatch, AVOK Journal Editor, Professor, Moscow Institute of Architecture, Russia
- Stefano Corgnati, REHVA President, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Didier Coulomb, Director, International Institute for Refrigeration, France
- Ioan Silviu Doboşi, Member of Board of Directors, REHVA, Romania
- Andrea Gasparella, IBPSA Board, University of Bozen/Bolzano, Italy
- Sheila Hayter, ASHRAE Treasurer, USA
- Karel Kabele, REHVA, Professor, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
- Halvart Koeppen, Regional Network Coordinator (ECA), UNEP, France
- Junjie Liu, School of Environmental Sciences & Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
- Zoltan Magyar, ASHRAE Danube Chapter President, Hungary
- Jian-lei Niu, Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Peter Novak, Professor, Faculty for Technology and Systems, Novo mesto, Slovenia
- Bjarne Olesen, Professor, ASHRAE President, University of Denmark
- Baris Ozerdem, Professor, Bahçeşehir Üniversitesi Istanbul, Turkey
- Branimir Pavković, Professor, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Engineering, Croatia
- Adrian Retezan, Professor, Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara, Romania
- Matheos Santamouris, Professor, University of Athens, „Energy & Buildings“ Journal Editor, Greece
- Chandra Sekhar, Professor, National University Singapore, Singapore
- Uroš Stritih, President SITHOK, Slovenia
- Yuri A. Tabunschikov, Professor, Moscow Institute of Architecture (State Academy), President ABOK, Russia
- Karim Ghazi Wakili, IABP, Institute of Applied Building Physics, Winterthur, Switzerland
- Miloš Banjac, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Velimir Čongradac,Faculty of Technical Sciences, Novi Sad
- Olvera Ećim-Đurić, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Radomir Folić, Union of Civil Engineers of Serbia, Belgrade
- Zoran Keković, Faculty of Security Studies, Belgrade
- Milan Kilibarda, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Belgrade
- Franc Kosi, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Miomir Kostić, School of Electrical Engineering, Belgrade
- Igor Marić, SITS President, Belgrade
- Radivoje Mitrović, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Belgrade
- Danijela Nikolić,Mechanical Enginering
- Milovan Vidaković, National Organization of Engineers and Technicians for Directing Fire Risks, Belgrade
- Božidar Radenković, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, Belgrade
- Snežana Stevanović, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Budimir Sudimac, Faculty of Architecture, Belgrade
- Eva Vaništa-Lazarević, UrbanLab, Belgrade
- Dušan Vukotić, IEC TC 57-WG14 Member, President KS N057–ISS, Belgrade
- Branislav Živković, Mechanical Engineering Faculty, Belgrade
- Snežana Stevanović, Faculty of Agriculture, Belgrade
- Nadežda Stojanović, Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade
- Aleksandar Anđelković
- Bratislav Blagojević
- Bojan Bogdanović
- Liviu Drugean
- Vladan Galebović
- Marko Ignjatović
- Dimitrije Lilić
- Nenad Miloradović
- Uroš Milovančević
- Slobodan Pejković
- Živojin Perišić
- Dragomir Šamšalović
- Biserka Švarc
- Marija S. Todorović
- Branislav Todorović,predsednik
- Petar Vasiljević
- Milovan Živković
- Academy of Engineering Sciences of Serbia – AESS, Beograd
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Universtiy of Niš, Niš, Serbia
- Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad
- Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Organisational Sciences, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Faculty of Security Sciences, University of Belgrade, Belgrade
- Serbian Chamber of Engineers, Belgrade
- UrbanLab, Belgrade
- United Nations Environment Program – UNEP, France
- Russian Association of HVAC engineers – AVOK, Russia
- Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Associations (REHVA), Belgium
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, USA
- International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), France
- International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA)
Methods, technologies, techniques, standards, and software used in the integrated design, construction, commissioning, testing, monitoring, and smart operation of energy efficient, sustainable and healthy new buildings, and in the deep RES integrated energy refurbishment of the existing urban buildings with the aim of achieving sustainability, safety, greening, and adaptability of urban systems to climate change, and urban systems’ resilience not only to weather extremes and geological disturbances, but also to terrorism risks, political extremes, uncontrolled migrations and immigrations, will be the main topics of the congress and the exhibition. In this context the thematic fields will be as follows:
- Advancement and innovations of fundamental principles, load calculation methods, design, component manufacture, standards and testing of energy improved equipment and systems for HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration)
- Applicable parameters and maps of outdoor environment quality (air, water, soil), and contamination/pollution risks
- Building performance simulation, resilience of typical meteorological year to climate change and reference data of hydrometeorology and hydrogeology, as well as determination of data – results of the interaction of wind and urban structure network by simulations
- Methods and problems of the integrated design of sustainable buildings and integrated project delivery for buildings (especially commercial, healthcare and hospital buildings, data centres, and other special purpose buildings); relevant energy efficiency analyses and optimisation of all stages of the building life-cycle
- Methods and standards of commissioning, maintenance, control testing, and operation optimisation of HVAC&R systems for specific purposes and types of buildings; testing by measuring dynamics of energy demand balance in the conditions of measured hydrometeorological parameters and simulation results validation,
- Current topics of the mobile air-conditioning equipment and system development
- Relevant potentials and balances of renewable energy sources (RES) (at a local, regional, and state level)
- Green surfaces, green roofs and façades; new materials, multifunctional façades and self-healing structures
- Integration of RES, specifically PV and PV/T (photovoltaic and photovoltaic-thermal) layers and structures of building envelope (BIPV); daylighting and artificial lighting optimisation; research, development, and standardisation
- Ventilation airflow measurement and indoor environment quality, including biological cleanliness and acoustics
- Refrigeration technologies, refrigeration equipment and systems and heat pumps as RES, research and development on the threshold of re-industrialisation
- Impacts of new technologies and improved HVAC&R equipment with natural refrigerants on the improvement of HVAC&R systems energy efficiency
- Implementation of F-gas Regulation and the Ecodesign Directive in 2018 – reality and possibilities
- Limitations in the purchase and use of refrigerants with significant environmental impacts (high GWP)
- District heating and cooling systems in urban transformations (in situations of increased migrations to cities, impacts on health conditions, the way of life organisation, security, sustainability
- Deep RES integrated energy refurbishment at the level of individual buildings (especially residential) and at the level of municipal/city district heating and cooling system
- Use of RES for zero CO2 emission settlements coupled with energy storage in underground spaces of depleted and closed coal and mineral mines
- Distributed electricity generation by using RES in the smart grid and energy storage system
- Combined systems of central and distributed co- and three-generation coupled with the smart grid, use of RES, and energy storage system
- Electrical installations, smart grids and ICT infrastructure of resilient buildings and Energy Plus rurban settlements
- Vertical and horizontal transport (lifts/elevators, escalators, and other mechanical systems in buildings)
- Water supply system, waste water, and solid waste
- Automatic control systems and intelligent management systems of whole buildings, including HVAC system, access control, security system, fire protection and fire stop systems
- Energy efficient use of RES for HVAC in rurban (combined rural and urban) development, advanced organic agriculture, agricultural industry, food cold chain, and other manufacturing-commercial buildings and systems.
The second congress day is planned for the traditional programme for undergraduate and graduate students and the youngest generation of professionals with university degree specialised in HVAC&R and other fields directly associated with HVAC&R equipment systems as well as other technical systems of buildings, settlements and cities, including all given thematic fields of the congress and exhibition.
The presented papers will be published in electronic form of the Congress Proceedings.
The presented papers will be eligible for publication in the journal “Energy and Buildings“ published by Elsevier.
The aim of the exhibition is to inform and present to the professional community new HVAC&R products used in buildings and used for energy supply of buildings. This time it will be focused on new products with the application of new high energy efficient technologies in the field of HVAC&R systems and plants as an inseparable exhibition part of all thematic fields of the congress. The exhibition is an opportunity for designers, constructors, manufacturers, scientists and company representatives, all those dedicated to the same task – provision of healthy living and working environment in buildings, sustainable buildings, resilient cities and stopping the climate change by reducing CO2 emission to meet one another at the same time and at the same place.
One special segment of the exhibition is dedicated to software, information technologies as well as green programmes and networks, which arouse great interest of visitors due to the irreplaceable role that software and information technologies play today in all the domains of HVAC&R components and systems, research and development of smart buildings, settlements and cities.
As in previous years, the exhibition stands will be installed on the ground floor, next to the congress hall, and on the gallery above the hall in the Sava Centre. For more information regarding the participation in the exhibition, please contact the Organizer’s office.
Official languages are Serbian and English.
For authors from Serbia
In accordance with the Rulebook on procedure, method of evaluation and quantitative reporting on scientific research results of researchers (http://goo.gl/EbG1Zj), a paper written for the congress on heating, refrigeration and air-conditionings represents a report from an international conference printed as a whole and its value is 1 (one) point.
Call for sponsorship
The 49th Congress on Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning will have one patron and several main sponsors and sponsors. The sponsors will have the following rights:
- Sponsors’ company names will be printed in the appropriate noticeable section in the final programme, on the congress invitation letter and on the congress web page.
- Sponsors will be entitled to delegate their representatives to the Honorary Committee of the Congress.
- The sponsor’s company name or its logo (50x50cm) will be displayed at the entrance to the Sava Centre and on the wall above the rostrum in the hall.
- Sponsors will be entitled to 6 m2 arranged exhibition area at the exhibition within the congress free of charge.
- Three professionals from the sponsor’s company will be entitled to participation in the congress free of charge.
- Sponsors will be entitled to the printing of one colour advertisement in the publication ''KO JE KO U KGH ZA 2018. GODINU'' (WHO IS WHO IN HVAC&R – 2018), which is a supplement to the Congress Proceedings to be printed on 30th November 2019.
- The names of sponsors will be printed on promotional material specially made for the congress participants.
- Sponsors will be entitled to distribute their prospectuses, catalogues and other professional and information materials at the congress and through the journal “KGH”.
- Sponsors will be entitled to the status of co-publishers of the journal “KGH“ in 2019. The principal rights of co-publishers are as follows: a) right to publish 1/8 page of a colour advertisement, free of charge, in all four issues of the journal in 2018; b) right to publish one to two pages of their professional and information materials as well as contributions and news, free of charge, in every issue of the journal “KGH”, provided such material or text is adopted and approved by the Editorial Board of the journal; c) right to delegate a representative in the Publishing Council of “KGH“; d) right to the printing of the designed address of their company on the first pages of the journal, in the section in which co-publishers are listed; e) a free copy of each issue of the journal in that year, etc.
The rights of main sponsors and their fees will be defined in a contract signed between the interested company and the congress and exhibition organizer. For all information regarding requirements for participation as main sponsors and sponsors, please contact us on the addresses and telephone numbers given at the end of this announcement.
The exhibition area layout i.e. the plan of exhibition stands will be available to interested parties as from 15th September 2018.
The fee includes: The Congress Proceedings (in electronic form); a printed book “Ko je ko u KGH u 2018" (Who is Who in HVAC&R in 2018), congress organisation costs, dinner on 6th December, lunch on 7th December, a welcome cocktail…
The fee amount (VAT included) is:
- 15.000 dinars for citizens of the Republic of Serbia.
- 12.000 dinars for members of the Serbian HVAC&R Society.
- 300 € for citizens of other countries (50% discount for citizens of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Macedonia).
- Authors of papers (i.e. the first author, if a paper has several authors) are exempt from the congress fee payment, while co-authors pay the full amount.
Please, send the application form to the Organizer. On the address you have provided you will receive a pro forma invoice for the congress fee, and upon receipt of payment, you will receive confirmation of payment. If a participant pays the fee for himself/herself, the payment should be effected to the current account of SMEITS number 160-396987-81 and proof of payment must be submitted. The fee in dinars can be paid in cash, at the congress venue, whereby you will receive both cash and fiscal receipts.
Please, fill in the form and send it to the Organizer. You will receive a pro forma invoice according to the data you filled in. You can also pay the fee at the information desk during the congress.
Društvo za KGH Srbije (Serbian Society for HVAC&R)
within the Serbian Union of Mechanical and Electrical
Engineers and Technicians (SMEITS),
Kneza Miloša 7a/II, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia,
tel. 381 11 323 00 41, tel./fax 381 11 3231 372,
www.smeits.rs • www.kgh-kongres.rs • www.kgh-drustvo.rs